Friday, February 15, 2008

Thanks

I woke up yesterday morning with thanks in my heart, and on my lips! I actually woke up in a prayer. I must have been saying it in my dreams and then as I woke it transferred from dream to consciousness. I have heard of people waking up screaming or crying, though I've never experienced it, but this was the first time I've ever woken myself in audible prayer. My prayer? Thank You Lord, for a new day... Thank You Father, for You are good... Thank you Jesus, for Your sacrifice! For ten minutes I exhausted my memory, my imagination and my thoughts, thanking the Lord for everything I could. The night before I laid in bed humbled from a day of conviction and revelation, and I was in search of forgiveness when I drifted from consciousness to sleep. Jesus must of surrounded me in his peace and assurance while I slept because I was full of joy and thanks that morning. I spent the day thanking the Lord every time I wanted to complain and filling my thoughts with boisterous thanksgiving whenever there was silence.

It was a joyous day, filled with confirmations of His love and devotion to me, but my favorite Godbumps moment was that night at St. Rose Bible study. Father Sebastien explained the idea of Jesus as the Lamb of God. A brief overview: During the time of Moses, when God was freeing the Israelites from the Egyptians, He told them to mark their thresholds with the blood of a lamb so He would know not to take their firstborn sons. This was called the Passover because anyone marked with the blood of the lamb would be passed over during the time of wrath. Jesus was the new Lamb, marking God's children with His blood that we might be passed over in the time of wrath. The significance of that, is of course, that it wasn't one day of mercy but rather, by His sacrifice and His blood, we are saved everyday! Forever more! The Passover is no longer a day of celebration but rather a life-time of joy and... what?... THANKSGIVING! I love my God so much! Isn't he amazing?

1 comment:

di said...

He JUST keeps getting BIGGER and BIGGER....ENJOY the scenery...