Saturday, October 18, 2008

Rest Comes in the Morning

Reading through my morning prayer in The Divine Office, I took part in something really cool! One of the antiphons (the opening of a psalm or sometimes repeated scripture in the breaks of a psalm) was: "Let us listen to the voice of God, let us enter into His rest!" This request didn't come at the end of the day, but at the very beginning. For me this was the first thing I did! I woke and asked for rest before another thought! What an awesome idea! Through the trials and the stresses of the day I can find rest with Jesus! Thats when I need the rest! Not at the end of the day when I can't even enjoy it before I hit my pillow and fall almost instantly asleep! Thanks, Papa, for all you REVEAL TO ME! 

GOOD MORNING!!!!!!!!!!! *Rise and shine and give GOD the GLORY, GLORY!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Ascheb said...

Amen sista! That is so true... JESUS give me rest when I need it mostes!!!