Sunday, April 5, 2009

Day 40: Wonder

I am very tired tonight. It is late. Almost 1 am, haha. And tomorrow shall begin early. 7am. 6 hours of sleep. AND ITS GONNA BE GREAT!

6 whole hours! That's good! I could have gone to bed an hour ago... but this time I've spent with God and in the Word, and in thought and prayer... no sleep can top that! Wouldn't trade a second of it for any amount of sleep.

May I never lose my wonder for God. When I read the word, or pray with Him and think of how He makes Himself known in everything, I am filled with joy. I am so full of awe and gratefulness that God has let me in on the secret... given me eyes to see even a sliver His mystery!

I long for even more WONDER! I long to know Him more and more! To understand Him more and more. When I am lost in the depths of God, and He is revealing things to my heart, whether they are great or small, it is always all-consuming! Everything is profound and full of amazement... and I wonder, how I ever turn from that place. If I were always the "craziest" person in the room, so what?! If others didn't wanna come to "crazy" with me, who cares. We typically only see enthusiasm and awe and unshakable joy as traits of "crazy" when we don't want to look outside of our struggles or our darkness. When surface and coolness are all we want to share.

I don't really want to live there... ever... again.

There it is. Short and sweet tonight! I love you WONDERFUL God!

No comments: